Sunday, December 14, 2008

The little girl, her Dad and an Airplane

The other day I needed to get out of the office and just go for a drive and chill out for a little while. I was cruising around Hot Springs listening to some Hillsong United worship music and just seeking God. God spoke to my stomach and said you're hungry get something to eat. So being obedient I cruised around looking for the right thing to eat on. I ended up at KFC and ordered a Grilled Wrap or something like it, a Chicken strip in a tortilla then pressed in a pannini grill. I went thru the drive thru and just decided to eat in the car.

I bounced across the street to park and eat in front of Family Christian Store, I have been needing a new worship CD to listen to but I haven't found the right one. If you know of anything that is touching your heart and soul in a fresh and powerful way -feel free to share it with me.

Anyway, as I was sitting there eating my wrap, a young man came out of Family Christian smiling having a great time. He was also carrying what I assumed to be his daughter. She must have only been 2 or 3 years old. She was just beautiful. Has I was eating and watching this moment take place in all our lives. The dad smiling from ear to ear carrying his daughter on his hip, pointed to the sky to introduce her to an airplane that just flew over us. The young girl smiled and waved like it was the neatest thing see had ever seen. I wonder how many times they have gone thru this same routine with an airplane in the sky.

This spoke to my heart in a way that was fresh, it was reminding me how a baby can put a smile on any ones face at any given moment. It was really awesome to see such joy on the dad and little girls faces. Now I know things can get out of hand really quick with a new baby but for this moment......all things were perfect.

It made me think of another baby that came into this world in a very rough and lonely way. As we celebrate this Christmas season, I think of the baby Jesus who was born to have all the worlds sins cast upon his little body. Even though He is the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, He left Heaven to come to earth to be born in a horse and cattle stall. It probably was not the nicest of place for the one that was on his throne sitting next to the God that created all things. You would think He would have made a more grandiose entrance. From what I understand He (Jesus) is saving that arrival for another day.

So when you see that little baby in a crib, booster seat or stroller this season or even a young child on the hip of a parent; remember that the Savior came as a child and died a man on the cross for all our sins and transgressions for me and you.

I hope a smile is on your face I you read this, think about when you were a kid, or when your kids were just babies. The King of Kings came as a child for us in the lowest of low places but will return one day to make Heaven on earth a reality.

Talk to you soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet reminder when I look at Hannah.